Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chocolate Gravy



Ok, so since I didn't get the recipe out for everyone while we were there, here goes.

In a sauce pan heat 2 c of milk over med/med-high heat. You only want to heat it, not cook it.

In a bowl, mix:

1 c sugar
2 heaping tbsp all purpose flour
1 heaping tablespoon of Hershey's cocoa
1/2 tsp salt

whisk dry ingredients in with the milk (don't have to wait for milk to heat)
then use a flat bottom spatula to stir the gravy constantly, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan constantly to prevent scorching. Heat until the desired thickness.

Serve over crumbled biscuits. Pillsbury's Grands are best!

I don't have my recipe card in front of me, so if this is not correct, for those of you with the recipe, let me know.

2 comments:

Queen Frysia said...

Awesome, thanks Ms. Moody!

Cassandra Puddlemere said...

p.s. using half the sugar works really well! Briana LOVED it!